|◇ 担当教員 ：
||Christian Sandor（Christian Sandor / クリスチャン サンドア）、 Alexander Plopski（Alexander Plopski / アレクサンダ プロプスキ）
|◇ 単位数 ：１単位
||◇ 選択・必修 ：選択
||◇ 講義室 ：L1
||◇ 講義スタイル ：講義／公開
|◇ 授業目的 ：
||This course has two goals. First, it will provide an introduction to the exciting topic of Human-Computer Interaction by jointly reading and discussing some of the most famous classical papers in this domain. Second, the structured critical discussions in this course will sharpen the students' general research skills.
|◇ 授業内容 ：
||The basic format of this course is:
* every student in the class will be assigned to thoroughly read one research paper (this includes doing background research)
* every student must read all assigned papers in this class (of course not as thorough as the main paper they are assigned to)
* the assigned student must briefly present background information and a summary of the paper. then, the main focus must be to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the paper, according to prof. bederson's questions:
In this course, fundamental principles and current trends of human computer interaction will be introduced. Also standard techniques and algorithms of 3D user interface will be introduced.
1) Course Introduction (Sandor)
* Format and rules for this course
* Summaries of all papers appearing in this course
* Assignment of papers to students
2) Example Presentation (Sandor)
* Dr. Sandor will present a paper in the format the students should use.
* This should give everyone a clear idea of what's expected.
3-8) In every lecture: 2 presentations by students
|◇ 参考書 ：
||This seminar is heavily inspired by the format of Prof. Ben Bederson's HCI reading seminar:
Especially his advice on how to read research papers is very important:
|◇ 成績評価 ：
||Assignments, Presentations and Reports
|◇ オフィスアワー ：
||Thursday 12:30-15:00. Contact me by email anytime.